I love greens and I hope you do too, because they are superfoods and have healing super powers.
This week I picked up mustard greensand I know my mom, being from Georgia, will be so proud. Although I’m pretty sure in Savannah they were prepared with bacon grease and cooked to death…not exactly the best way for their super powers to shine.
I eat most of my greens raw and chopped in salads, but don’t forget they canalso be sauteed, used in smoothies, cooked in casseroles, and added to soups.
They are loaded with vitamins A, K, and C.
Also, I ran across this eggplant pizza picture and had to share the recipe with you. So easy and so good!
- Slice an eggplant into 1/2″ rounds with skin
- Put them on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Pull them out and top with pizza sauce (or you can use pasta sauce), garlic powder, italian spices, cheese (I like a little mozzarella and shaved parmesan), and the veggies of your choice…anything goes on pizza
- Return to oven and bake for 5 – 8 minutes or until cheese is melted
- If you want dairy free then leave off the cheese…they will still be delicious!